Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Alan Smith linked to Middlesbrough

The worst sports story of the day is that Alan Smith is being linked with a move to Middlesbrough. The under-performing Manchester United striker, with no Premiership goals this season, is whinging about not getting assurances of a first team place at Old Trafford. 

It seems obvious to me that Fergusson has been talking up Smith's abilities in the closing weeks of the season with a view to boosting his selling price, because there is no way on earth that Smith is top-class striker. He would be a hugely disappointing replacement for 19-goal Mark Viduka. If hear that Middlesbrough have signed Smith for £5.5m, then there's going to be trouble.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lloyd said...

Not related, but I just thought I would mention that I love my job, and I feel like I am a valued member of the team.

4:16 pm  
Blogger Polarbear said...

At least we didn't sign Joey Barton. hohoho

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home